Minimum 3 Hours
– This ride will take you through various climate zones including barren lava fields, lush jungle, and Kona’s famous coffee country. Just a few minutes from Kona, yet a world away.
– From Big Island Motorcycle Co. head North on Hwy 19 to Waikoloa Rd.
– Take a right onto Waikoloa Road. Continue East until you reach the T at Hwy 190 (Hawaii Belt Road).
– Take a right, going South on Hwy 190. Continue heading south, about 20 miles.
– Take the next Left after passing Hina Lani St (a traffic signal) onto Mamalohoa Hwy (Hwy 180)
– You will pass the town of Holualoa. This is worth a stop to check out art galleries, have a bite to eat (try Holuakoa Cafe), or take in some of the sights of this historic town.
– After traveling about 12 miles on Mamalohoa Hwy you will come to an intersection where the road “ends.” Take a hard right at the stop sign, this puts you on Hwy 11 traveling North.
– Stay on this highway for 30 miles, taking a left at Waikoloa Beach Drive to cruise on back to Big Island Motorcycle Co.
– Keep in mind you will be passing several coffee farms along this route. Many of the farms allow tours, so plan to spend some time checking out coffee country. Here are some we like: Mauka Meadows (gorgeous), and Buddha’s Cup, (fun ride up to the farm and good, personalized tours).